It is recognized that, in rare, specific or exceptional circumstances, competitive pricing cannot be obtained (i.e. through multiple quotations or competitive bidding) as there may only be one vendor in the market (sole source) that is capable of providing the good or service requested.
In some cases, there are a number of vendors available in the market, but only one is able, or capable, of providing the good or service (single source).
In these rare circumstances, a Limited Tendering and Non Application Procurement Approval Note is required and must be approved by the Director, Procurement Services in advance of the end user making any commitment to the vendor/service provider.
- Retrieve the Limited Tendering and Non Application Procurement Approval Briefing Note (PDF)
- Complete the form – all sections that apply
- Prepare and attach a Payment Requisition to the form
- Send the complete package (Limited Tendering and Non-Application Procurement Approval Briefing Notes Form and Payment Requisition) to Procurement Services
Procurement Services reviews all requests and conducts internal due diligence for reason-ability to ensure all conditions listed below are met:
- request is supported by appropriate rationale
- evidence of fair market value is provided
- Procurement Services’ due diligence validates the request
- Purchasing Requisition is complete and accurate
All valid Limited Tendering and Non-Application Procurement Approval Briefing Notes are reviewed and approved by the Director, Procurement Services and a Purchase Order is issued and faxed to recommended vendor. Procurement Services sends copy of Purchase Order and approved Limited Tendering and Non-Application Procurement Approval Briefing Note to the requester for record-keeping purposes.