Individuals eligible to apply for the Travel Visa® card include full-time appointed academic, professional, and managerial staff, who are required to travel regularly on behalf of the University.
The Travel Visa® card is issued in the name of the University employee. Expenditures made on the card are the responsibility of the employee and must be for University purposes. Employees do not require a personal credit assessment to apply for the card, nor does the card affect personal credit.
The Travel Visa® card is not transferable. Only the person whose name appears on the card is authorized to use the card.
Travel Visa® Card Benefits
- University pays US Bank Visa® directly for all approved business expenses charged to the Travel Visa® card
- Card can be used anywhere Visa® is accepted
- Provides savings to employees traveling on University business by providing:
- Auto Rental Collision/Loss Damage Insurance*
- Flight Delay Insurance*
- Emergency Purchases Insurance (for baggage loss/delay)*
- Hotel/motel Burglary Insurance*
- Travel Accident Insurance*
* Limits, exclusions, and other terms and conditions apply. Please refer to US Bank Visa Commercial Card: Insurance Certificates.
Benefit for travelers
- No need to incur charges on personal credit card
- The Travel Visa® card integrates seamlessly with Concur Expense, making it easier to prepare expense reports by reducing manual effort
- York will pay University related expenses directly to US Bank Visa®, provided the associated expenses charged to the credit card are submitted and approved in the Concur Expense system
- No need to apply for advances to support travel plans
- Cardholder can view account activity (charges and payments) online at any time